At InFocus, our team of Brisbane based Support Coordinators work with NDIS participants to help them prepare for plan reviews and get the support that they need. We’re here to help you on your NDIS journey.
If you are feeling overwhelmed at the prospect of your plan review, take a look at some of the suggestions we’ve put together below to help you feel more prepared.
- Set your goals – ahead of your planning meeting, set some time aside to define your goals. What do you want to achieve in the next 12 months or beyond? What supports do you need to help you get there? What will make your life easier?
- Find your support network – you are able to take a support person with you to your planning meeting so have a think about who this should be. It can be a family member, a friend or an advocate. Someone who will be there for you and understands what you are trying to achieve from your NDIS plan.
- Make notes – it’s a good idea to take notes into your planning meeting to help you remember everything on the day. Think about what your day-to-day life is like and the supports that will help you.
- Leave yourself plenty of time – don’t try and do all your planning just days before your planning meeting to avoid feeling rushed and stressed.
- Be clear – be as specific as possible to communicate exactly what you want to get out of your NDIS supports.
Our team of experienced Brisbane based Support Coordinators can work with you to prepare for your planning meeting. Find out more about InFocus Support Coordination.